Valentine's day is here again,
and if you remember right, last year's valentine's day was planned by Eliza and myself, (couples pedi and dinner at The Cheesecake Factory) so THIS year, it was all up to the guys.
Curtis and Dan have been planning and preparing for the last week to make sure all the details were ready for Friday night.
We (Liza and I) got our invites and we were told to dress formal...our minds from that moment were turning; trying to figure out what those two were planning.
It also stated on the invitation to be ready at 5:30 pm. and to bring a change of clothes for later.
Who knows what those two guys are capable when it comes to planning...Liza witnessed one night when the two were "planning" over at their place, she said that the two of the guys were "giggling like school girls."
So, Friday night finally came and I was going crazy not knowing what we were doing.
I was even getting myself worked up with anxiety.
(I LOVE giving surprises, but I hate to be the one who gets them...I can't take the pressure.)
The door bell rings and there was Dan waiting for me, dressed in his suit; which he even had dried cleaned for this special occasion.
While Kenzie was taking our picture, she notices that there was a "different" car in our driveway, It was Oma's white Jag.
We drive up north to Salt Lake; I am still trying to figure out what we are doing.
We pull into Dan's parent's house (which they were out of town for the weekend)
and I am confused.
Rose petals were along the brick walk way which lead to the home.
We walk in and the rose petals didn't stop outside, they continued even into the house.

The guys had got us ladies flowers, giant cards, and something special in those darling black and white boxes.
(You will have to find out what is in those boxes in a later post. I promise it won't be that long of wait.)
The good china was in the kitchen ready to be eaten upon.
Music was playing.
Nothing says LOVE like when it is RAW.
No details were left undone with these guys. They thought of everything.
All while the guys were preparing this meal, Liza and I got to put our feet up and RELAX.
(Nothing says "fancy" like fine crystal and diet Mt. Dew.)
We enjoyed our "home cooked" meal from our men.
*No kids.
*No Complaining.
*No Messes.
It was good.
It was good.
NO...
...It was perfect!
AND if that wasn't enough...
AND since it was fine china, it had to be washed by hand.
Eliza and I found ourselves sitting/laying on the couch trying to deal with our over stuffed bellies.
Why did we need the change of clothes?
What did we do after???
NOTHING!!!
and it was GREAT!
See, "we" are always going out with the four of us; running around town, eating here and there. Going to this place and that, so the guys wanted "us" to just sit down and relax.
Relaxing is something that is hard for me to do, so when the guys told us to pick a movie to watch, I found that hard to believe.
BUT it was true.
We got into our "cozies" and we watched "Sleepless in Seattle."
YES, it is true, the guys let us watch a romantic comedy without any complaining.
It was a perfect valentine's evening.
A special thanks to the men for making sure us ladies felt special and loved. You thought of everything.
I can guarantee that Liza and I won't be making you guys dinner NEXT valentine's day, but it will be just as awesome as if we did...this I can promise you two!
I can guarantee that Liza and I won't be making you guys dinner NEXT valentine's day, but it will be just as awesome as if we did...this I can promise you two!






1 comments:
Looks like you had fun!
Post a Comment