yes, it is true...
This is me way back when.
WOW! I know, where did that girl go, well after being married to the best man ever for almost 9 years and have gone through 3 pregnancy (one with a set of twins) my body went through a change; You know what they say, once you have kids, good luck getting your girlish figure back. And the funny thing is, I thought I was FAT back then...What was I thinking?!?!
Oh well, that was then and this is now and my life is great! I am happy, healthy, and extremely blessed. I wouldn't change anything about it or Myself...
But since my 10 year reunion is this Summer, I thought I would write what high school has taught me in my life now as a wife, mom, and friend...
- Get involved in everything! Find out what you are really interested in.
- Nobodies perfect, be a friend to all no matter who you are: popular or geek
- High School does not prepare you for real life; High School is TOO easy.
- Don't date just one boy, Mr. Right will come when the time is right and least expect it.
- Kiss butt with seniority; it gets you places and pays the bills. :)
- Sleeping is good, but don't sleep the memories away, life goes too fast.
- Have fun! It is ok to be real and crazy. Be who you want to be.
- Some how parents are right, even if we still have a hard time admitting it.
Well, looking back on it, High School was fun and if I could I would do it again, only because I have learned so much in the past 10 years and what is REALLY important in life.
It will be fun to catch up with old friends and see what life has given them.
Watch for this Summer for the 10 year Reunion.
GO OLYS!!!
Note: I would love to hear peoples comments about the poll and hear why they answered the way they did:
Should I go?
results were:
Yes go was 56%
No was 12%
Wait till the next was 32%







9 comments:
I said wait until the 15 year...because I don't think 10 years was long enough for me to want to see those people again, but after 15...MAYBE. :) I stay in touch with a LOT of my old friends though, so a reunion isn't that important to me.
I didn't go to my 10 year reunion... but I'm planning to go to my 20 year reunion.
Everyone who went to their 10 year reunion gave me the advice that at the 10 year reunion they felt everyone was still "clicky" and into trying to impress each other with what they've done.
However they said by the 20th reunion people are more comfortable with who they are and don't feel the need to "show off" as much.
-Jenny
I said wait until the next one. I didn't go to my 10 year but a friend of mine did and she said everyone was the same and none of our mutual friends were going so I figured wait til the next one when lives were really changed. Remember I grew up in Vegas and getting married in your twenties wasn't the norm.
I said to go - I didn't go to mine either...too far away and had just had Caleb - I think he was still in the hosiptal when they had the reunion... I think that 10 yr only happens once and even if it is clicky or people haven't yet grown up it would be a good thing to do!
I don't think that I voted but I'll give you my impression anyway. I have gone to all of my reunions and each one have been better than the last on. Although the 10 year reunion was fun, it's true that everyone was trying to impress each other with what they had done since high school. By the 20 year reunion people were way more interested in talking about the fun times from high school and they could have cared less about what people had done since. As a side note the nerds in high school are the ones who were the most successful and the most fun in later life.
Ganny
I say go! I’m always up for catching up with old friends. If people choose to be clicky that’s their loss and they’ll need to see your good example of friendliness to everyone. Go and have fun!
I went to mine. It was so great. There were a few groups that claimed they weren't going to go...and just have a "mini reunion" with their own friend groups. It was nice they weren't there. I don't think it would have been nearly as fun with people with that type of attitude there. Our reunion actually really sucked...but, I had a blast catching up with people I hadn't seen forever! I think you should go. What have you got to lose?
I would say go and have fun but I wont be able to be there so it wouldn't be fun if we weren't able to catch up together! hehe!! I just found out the date on it and of course it is when we will be in Hawaii for Tyler's brother's wedding! Oh bummer...I have to go to Hawaii rather than our 10 year reunion! Lol! :-)
get your butt out here girl!
Post a Comment