Here is the setup:
It is almost 5 am and Dan and I are sleeping in our warm cozy bed. See Dan was up past midnight doing some one's books, I went to bed before 9 with a migraine and we were both up at 2 am with Carson who was having a rough night.
Mackenzie comes into our room
Mackenzie: Dad, Dad, Wake up! I hear something.
Dan: What?!? Let's go back to bed, Hun.
Mackenzie: Dad, the "Santa Watcher" is making some kind of noise. I think Santa is needing something."
Dan and I start to giggling
(Dan gets out of bed to look.)
It was the smoke detector and it was beeping, it needed the battery changed.
Dan: OK Kenzie, you can now go back to your bed.
Mackenzie: No Way! I don't want Santa to "Call" us again during the night. It is weird enough that he "watches" us all the time.
So Kenzie's sleeps on the floor in our room.
What have I done to my kids? With the whole "Santa Watcher" now my kids are uncomfortable in their own home...BUT they at least know that Santa is watching and that is the important thing...RIGHT??!?






2 comments:
HAH! Look what you DID!
We all do it and one day our kids will be in shock to the things we told them about Santa and his elves. Our kids are only young once so live it up while you can!! They will do the same to their kids one day!
Post a Comment